Pitch Household Guide App
no more dirty dishes piled in the sink – or late-night runs to the grocery store: let The Household Guide (Android) turn stressful chores into fun family routines!
Our website is already getting rave reviews, so we decided to release the Android App – and we’d love to hear what you think.
Check out our video – and feel free to share!
Got a question? Please get in touch.
Karsten & Claudia Windfelder,
Husband & Wife team, Creators & happy users of the Household Guide
Android, 4.2 or higher
September 1st, 2015
What makes Household Guide so unique:
The Household Guide is both a Cleaning and a Shopping Guide.
The housework section on the app offers cleaning routines and a reward system that’s tried and tested to motivate the whole family to join in – so you’ll have your very own Cleaning Team!
Need something picked up from the stores? With a detailed shopping list and pictures you can send a notification to your team’s smartphones.
Women, modern husbands, smart kids.
Free (Shopping Guide), in-app purchases (Cleaning Guide, 1,89 $/month)
In surveys, 75% of women in relationships are found to be solely responsible for housework.
92% of them find housework annoying.
It doesn´t have to be like that! With the Household Guide app you can delegate chores – from taking out the trash to cleaning the windows – to your team members.
And the smart and innovative reward system keeps your team motivated to make housework fun.
Cleaning Guide (in-app purchase, 1,89 $/month):
- Set recurring schedules for individual tasks with automatic reminders when they’re due
- Choose from more than 500 predefined tasks in 16 categories
- Delegate chores directly to your team members´ smartphones
- Set goals and rewards (pocket money, a movie ticket etc.)
- Use additional motivating features like „Clean room in 10 minutes“
- Only got 5 minutes to spare? Find out what chore you can get done
- Get your kids to finally clean up their room with two games integrated in the app (“Dice” and “Color Block”)
- Red wine spill on your white tablecloth? Get instant help by connecting with others & posting directly to our Facebook page
Shopping Guide (free):
- Manage your groceries
- Add missing items to your shopping list with a single tap
- Delegate shopping to your team and add a picture to make sure they get exactly what you asked for!
- Customize your own family shopping list by adding to the 900 pre-set food and household items
What makes this app different compared to others?
- The Cleaning Guide isn’t another to-do list: instead it’s a sophisticated system that helps you plan your housework
- The Shopping Guide kicks other shopping list apps to one side: our guide offers a detailed & updated way to manage what’s in your fridge & kitchen
Why we released the Household Guide:
It was Claudia´s idea to develop an app where she could share her knowledge and years of experience – both in cleaning and motivating others to help. The Household Guide acts as a coaching tool, delivering successful techniques directly to your phone.
And even though my wife Claudia already offers checklists and cleaning schedules on her website, a recent poll, showed that 83% of our users still wanted an app for their smartphone – so here you go!
User feedback is taken very seriously and we’re open to incorporating suggestions to make our app as user-friendly as it can be.
The Household Guide is free and now available on the Google Play Store. Get all the details on our website. Below are some screenshots and you can find out more at the app store site or in the press kit.
Our video takes you on a 2-minute tour.
Press Kit (ZIP file 7.9 MB):
Claudia Windfelder is a cleaning expert and planning genius. You can find her tips at haushaltsfee.org. Karsten Windfelder is in charge of marketing.